Hillsborough Hospital Volunteers
Hillsborough Hospital is a new facility serving as an extension of UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill. We offer the same cutting edge patient care in a smaller, community centered environment. Numerous volunteer opportunities are offered at the Hillsborough Campus for Community, Undergraduate and High School Volunteers. For more information on how to become a High School Volunteer please check out our High School page. Come join our Hillsborough Team and make a difference in the care and experience our patients' receive.
Requirements and Application Process
Please review the following requirements for our Hillsborough Hospital Community and Undergraduate Volunteers. Please note: Undergraduates may apply to volunteer at Hillsborough at any time during the year.
- Complete the Hillsborough Hospital online application. Check out our opportunities list prior to turning in your application and see all the unique positions our volunteers' hold.
- Once your application has been submitted, complete the online compliance module.
- Attend an in-person orientation session. These are held monthly at Hillsborough Hospital.
- Complete immunization requirements given at orientation. Community Volunteers will receive all necessary immunizations except their first TB test through our Occupational Health Services (OHS). UNC students use their own provider or Campus Health.
- Turn in all required paperwork and discuss your volunteer placement with your volunteer coordinator at an in-person interview.
Required Time Commitment
Applicants commit to volunteer on a weekly basis for 2-4 hours each week for a minimum of 6 months and 40 hours of volunteering. If you are an undergraduate and will not be available during the summer, but plan to volunteer in the spring and fall, please contact the Coordinator below.
Please contact our Hillsborough Volunteer Coordinator, Jodie Skoff, for more information.