Hillsborough Hospital Volunteers
Due to COVID-19, we have very few volunteers working in the Hospital and therefore have temporarily suspended our volunteer application process. We will not be having another orientation until 2021. Once we receive clearance to begin onboarding new volunteers again, we will post information here. Thank you for your patience!
Stay safe and healthy!
Hillsborough Hospital is a beautiful facility which serves as an extension of the UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill. We offer the same cutting edge patient care in a smaller, community centered environment. Numerous volunteer opportunities are offered at the Hillsborough Campus for Community, Undergraduate and High School Volunteers. For more information on how to become a High School Volunteer please check out our High School page. Come join our Hillsborough Team and make a difference in the care and experience our patients' receive.
Requirements and Application Process
Please review the following requirements for our Hillsborough Hospital Community and Undergraduate Volunteers.
- Complete the Hillsborough Hospital online Application. Check out our Opportunities List (under Hillsborough) prior to turning in your application and see all the unique positions our volunteers' hold. This will help to you fill out our application.
- Once your application has been submitted, complete our online compliance module and $15 Criminal Background Check. An email with links to complete these will be sent to you automatically after you apply. If you do not receive this email, please contact us.
- After you email us the completion of your module and background check, your coordinator will invite you to an in-person orientation session. These are held monthly at Hillsborough Hospital.
- At that orientation, you will be informed of immunization requirements. A Two-Step TB Test or TB Blood Test less than 12 months old is required. Volunteers must get a Flu Vaccine annually.
- The last step is meeting with your coordinator to discuss your volunteer placement at an in-person interview and start your volunteer journey!
Required Time Commitment
Applicants commit to volunteer on a weekly basis for 2-4 hours each week for a minimum of 6 months and 40 hours of volunteering. If you are about to go on winter or summer break, please wait until you are about to return to start your application process. If you are currently job seeking, we ask that you become established in your employment first so that you are able to commit to a weekly volunteer schedule.
Please contact our Hillsborough Volunteer Coordinator, Jodie Skoff, for more information.