Hillsborough Hospital Volunteers
Hillsborough Hospital is a beautiful facility serving as an extension of UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill. We offer the same cutting edge patient care in a smaller, community centered environment. Numerous volunteer opportunities are offered at the Hillsborough Campus for Community, Undergraduate and High School Volunteers. For more information on how to become a High School Volunteer please check out our High School page. Come join our Hillsborough Team and make a difference in the care and experience our patients' receive.
Requirements and Application Process
Please review the following requirements for our Hillsborough Hospital Community and Undergraduate Volunteers.
- Complete the Hillsborough Hospital online Application. Check out our Opportunities List (under Hillsborough) prior to turning in your application and see all the unique positions our volunteers' hold. We are currently full for Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy.
- Once your application has been submitted, complete our online compliance module and $15 Criminal Background Check. A link will be emailed to you automatically after you apply.
- Attend an in-person orientation session. These are held monthly at Hillsborough Hospital.
- Complete immunization requirements. A Two-Step TB Test or TB Blood Test less than 12 months old is required. Volunteers must get a Flu Vaccine annually.
- Discuss your volunteer placement with your volunteer coordinator at an in-person interview.
Required Time Commitment
Applicants commit to volunteer on a weekly basis for 2-4 hours each week for a minimum of 6 months and 40 hours of volunteering. If you are currently job seeking, we ask that you become established in your employment first so that you are able to commit to a weekly volunteer schedule.
Please contact our Hillsborough Volunteer Coordinator, Jodie Skoff, for more information.