Hillsborough Hospital Volunteers
Hillsborough Hospital is a beautiful facility serving as an extension of UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill. We offer the same cutting edge patient care in a smaller, community centered environment. Numerous volunteer opportunities are offered at the Hillsborough Campus for Community, Undergraduate and High School Volunteers. For more information on how to become a High School Volunteer please check out our High School page. Come join our Hillsborough Team and make a difference in the care and experience our patients' receive.
Requirements and Application Process
Please review the following requirements for our Hillsborough Hospital Community and Undergraduate Volunteers.
- Complete the Hillsborough Hospital online Application. Check out our Opportunities List (under Hillsborough) prior to turning in your application and see all the unique positions our volunteers' hold.
- Once your application has been submitted, complete our online compliance module and $15 Criminal Background Check. A link will be emailed to you automatically after you apply.
- Attend an in-person orientation session. These are held monthly at Hillsborough Hospital.
- Complete immunization requirements. A Two-Step TB Test or TB Blood Test less than 12 months old is required. Volunteers must get a Flu Vaccine annually.
- Discuss your volunteer placement with your volunteer coordinator at an in-person interview.
Required Time Commitment
Applicants commit to volunteer on a weekly basis for 2-4 hours each week for a minimum of 6 months and 40 hours of volunteering. If you are currently job seeking, we ask that you become established in your employment first so that you are able to commit to a weekly volunteer schedule.
Please contact our Hillsborough Volunteer Coordinator, Jodie Skoff, for more information.