Donations to UNC Volunteer Services
Are you interested in donating to the UNC Medical Center? Thank you for thinking of us. We often get calls with questions about donations and we are happy to accept most items.
We are always looking for:
- Magazines less than a year old
- New or gently used books for adults and children
- Magazines and books in Spanish
We Happily Accept
Brand New Items Only:
- Things children (boys and girls) ages newborn through 18 would enjoy
- Beanie babies/stuffed animals
- Blank notebooks
- Coloring books
- Crossword/sudoku/wordsearch/puzzle books
- New art supplies for adults; colored pencils, adult coloring books, simple paint trays, canvas or art paper to paint/draw on
- Games (playing cards/UNO cards/board games/handheld single player games)
- Hair items such as barrettes, etc.
- Hot Wheels cars
- Nail polish
- Play dough/silly putty
- Single-use craft supplies (pipe cleaners, colorful tissue paper, colored paper, colored pencils, markers, googly eyes, stickers, crayons, cute erasers, etc.)
- Homemade or purchased lap blankets, baby blankets, or baby caps
Unfortunately, We Are Unable to Accept
- Used toys/toys that have already been in someone's home
- Religious items
- Latex balloons
- Items sealed or wrapped (such as in wrapping paper or envelopes)
- Hold a book (new/gently used) or toy (new only) drive.
- Make activity bags with items such as small toys, pencils, stickers, etc. for children. The bags need to be open (unsealed) or see-through. If groups are interested in volunteering in the Pediatric Playroom, please visit the Group Volunteers page.