Network Development & Physician Relations
Our team of experienced health care professionals serves the needs of community providers and hospitals across North Carolina. We are your single point of contact when your patients need access to our facilities and services.
Our team of experienced Physician Liaisons is able to provide the following services:
- Help community providers learn more about UNC Health Care services across the state
- Assist with referrals, access and communication related to your patients
- Provide enrollment, training and technical assistance with UNC CareLink — our read-only version of Epic@UNC to access shared patient records and to manage online referrals. Learn more about UNC CareLink.
- Share information about our CME conferences at UNC Medical Center and continuing education opportunities within your practice and hospital
- Offer information about UNC Health Alliance (UNCHA), an integrated network of dedicated clinicians collaborating to optimize the health of North Carolina's residents, transform the care experience for patients and providers and manage the total cost of health care
- Develop clinical programs in local communities with a focus on collaborative care with community physicians and hospitals
Meet Our Team
Christy Houser, Project Manager
Christy Houser is responsible for assisting community health care providers and staff with UNC CareLink enrollment, training, updates and technical assistance.
Andrew Cocowitch, Network Development Specialist
Andrew Cocowitch serves as the primary point of contact for physician practices in Durham County and leads physician outreach and clinical program development across North Carolina for the UNC Department of Medicine. The Department of Medicine includes allergy, cardiology, hematology & oncology, hospitalist medicine, endocrinology, gastroenterology, geriatrics, immunology, infectious disease, nephrology, pulmonology, and rheumatology.
Gina Heatherington, Physician Liaison
Gina Heatherington serves as the primary point of contact for pediatric practices in the Triangle. Gina leads physician outreach for pediatric specialties, neurosurgery, neuro-oncology and vascular surgery across North Carolina.
Brian Hutchinson, Physician Liaison
Brian Hutchinson serves as the primary point of contact for physician practices in Sanford, Chapel Hill and Carrboro. Brian manages physician outreach for solid organ transplant, including kidney, liver, lung, heart and LVAD implantation across North Carolina.
Matthew Lebold, Project Coordinator
Matthew Lebold is responsible for data analytics, event coordination and outreach.
Dylan LoBianco, Network Development Specialist
Dylan LoBianco serves as the primary point of contact for physician practices in Chatham County. Dylan leads physician outreach and clinical program development for hematology/oncology, radiation oncology, otolaryngology and orthopaedics across North Carolina.
Lisa Moore, System Director
Lisa Moore is responsible for leading the network development and physician relations team at UNC Medical Center, Chatham Hospital and the Hillsborough Hospital campus.
Cecilia Riek, Network Development Specialist
Cecilia Riek serves as the primary point of contact for physician practices in Hillsborough and the Triad market. She leads physician outreach and clinical program development across North Carolina for the UNC Department of Surgery. The UNC Department of Surgery comprises abdominal transplant, burn, cardiothoracic, gastrointestinal, general and acute, pediatric, plastic and reconstructive, surgical oncology, and vascular surgery.
Melanie Vatter, Physician Liaison
Melanie Vatter serves as the primary point of contact for physician practices in Alamance County. Melanie is responsible for physician outreach for UNC Women's Services and General/GI Surgery across North Carolina.