This page includes a list of program alumni, their first post-graduate position, and a summary of relevant publications
- Initial/Current Employment: Hematology/Oncology Clinical Pharmacist, Oregon & Health Science University
- Initial/Current Employment: Hematology/Oncology Clinical Pharmacist, UNC Medical Center
- Initial Employment: Clinical Pharmacist, GI/GU Malignancies, WVU Medical Center
- Current Employment: Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - Hematology, UNC Medical Center
- Relevant Publications:
- Kanate AS, Vos J, Chargualaf MJ. Venetoclax for Refractory Myeloid Sarcoma. J
Oncol Pract. 2019;15(7):413-415.
- Chargualaf MJ, Giao TT, Abrahamson AC, Steeb D, Law M, Bates J, Nedi T, Muluneh B. Layered learning pharmacy practice model in Ethiopia. J Oncol Pharm
- Pharmacist’s Application to Practice – Nivolumab in Hepatocellular carcinoma
Hematology/Oncology Pharmacists Association. 2017 (Online)
- Initial/Current Employment: Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner - Gynecologic Oncology, UNC Medical Center
- Current Employment: Clinical Specialist, Medication Utilization Management, UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill, NC
- Initial Employment: Bone Marrow Transplant Pharmacist, Cleveland Clinic
- Current Employment: Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner - Myeloma and Lymphoma, UNC Medical Center
- Initial/Current Employment: BMT and Leukemia Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Northside Hospital
- Initial Employment: T32 Clinical Pharmacology Fellow - UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- Current Employment: Clinical Oncology Pharmacist - UC Davis Medical Center
- Awards: October 2017 - American College of Clinical Pharmacy Resident/Fellow Travel Award
- Relevant Publications:
- Hsia S, Tran D, Beechinor RJ, Gahbauer A, Fitzsimmons A, Brock T. The value of a pharmacy student-led pharmacology course for physical therapy students. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. [Submitted July 2019; Accepted]
- Beechinor RJ, Cohen-Wolkowiez M, Jaison T, Hornik CP, Lang JE, Hernandez R, Gonzalez D. A dried blood spot analysis for solithromycin in adolescents, children and infants: A short communication. Ther Drug Monit [Submitted May 2019; Accepted]
- Beechinor RJ, Thompson PA, Hwang MF, Vargo RC, Bomgaars LR, Gerhart JG, Dreyer ZE, Gonzalez D. The population pharmacokinetics of high-dose methotrexate in infants with acute lymphoblastic leukemia highlight the need for bedside individualized dose adjustment: A report from the Children’s Oncology Group. Clin Pharamcokinet. 2019;58(7):899-910.
- Ku LC, Hornik CP, Beechinor RJ, Chamberlain JM, Guptill JT, Harper B, Capparelli EV, Martz K, Anand R, Cohen-Wolkowiez M, Gonzalez D. Population pharmacokinetics and exploratory exposure-response relationships of diazepam in children treated for status epilepticus. CPT Pharmacometrics Syst Pharmcol. 2018;7(11):718-727.
- Ge S, Beechinor RJ, Hornik CP, Standing JF, Zimmerman K, Cohen-Wolkowiez M, Laughon MM, Clark R, Gonzalez D. External evaluation of a gentamicin infant population pharmacokinetic model using data from a national electronic health record database. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2018;62(9). pii:e00669-18.
- Beechinor RJ, Auten J. Acute myelogenous leukemia and myeloid sarcoma secondary to myelofibrosis: A case report and brief review of the literature. ACCP Hematology/Oncology Newsletter. July 2018.
- Beechinor RJ. Confessions from a pharmacometrics skills competition team: Communication is not just important, it is everything. International Society of Pharmacometrics Newsletter. June 2018.
- Hwang MF, Beechinor RJ, Wade KC, Benjamin DK, Smith PB, Hornik C, Capparelli EV, Duara S, Kennedy KA, Cohen-Wolkowiez M, Gonzalez D. External validation of two fluconazole infant population pharmacokinetic models. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61(12). pi:e01352-17.
- Beechinor RJ, Gonzalez DG. Book Review: Introduction to drug disposition and pharmacokinetics. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017;102(6):893.
- Beechinor RJ, Valgus J. A pipeline preview of 2016 FDA approvals in Hematology/Oncology, Journal of Hematology Oncology Pharmacy. 2016 May 18; 6:156-161.
Rachel (Lebovic) McDevitt
- Initial Employment: Ambulatory Oncology Clinical Pharmacist, University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center
- Current Employment: Ambulatory Oncology Clinical Pharmacist and Ambulatory Oncology Team Lead, University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center
- Relevant Publications:
- Zhen D, McDevitt R, Zalupski M, Sahai V. Irinotecan-associated dysarthria: a single institution case series with management implications in patients with gastrointestinal malignancies. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2018 0(0):1-7.
- McDevitt R, Quinlan C, Hersberger K, Sahai V. Bone marrow edema associated with everolimus. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2018 Jan 1;75(1):e23-e27.
- Lebovic R, Pearce N, Lacey L, et al. Adverse effects of pegaspargase in pediatric patients receiving doses greater than 3750 units. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017;00:e26555.
- Lyons K, Griggs D, Lebovic R, et al. The University of North Carolina Medical Center Pharmacy Resident Leadership Certificate Program. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2017; 74:430-436. Invited Presentations:
- McDevitt R, Taylor T. Drug Interactions and Adverse Effects. GIST Day of Learning, Ann Arbor, MI. Oct. 2018.
- McDevitt R, Hough S. High-Dose Methotrexate in the Ambulatory Setting. NCCN Infusion Efficiency Workgroup. Oct. 2018.
- McDevitt, R. Interprofessional Practice. University of Michigan Professional Development, Ann Arbor, MI. May 2018
- Lebovic R. Chemo Man: Recognition and Management of Chemotherapy Toxicities. Clinical Pearls for Students Session. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, New Orleans, LA. Dec. 2015 Poster Presentations:
- Patel H, McDevitt R. Evaluation of doxorubicin and olaratumab treatment schedules in patients with soft tissue sarcoma. Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association Annual Conference, Fort Worth, Tx. Apr. 2019.
- Lebovic R, Pearce N, Lacey L, Beach C, et al. Adverse effects of pegaspargase in pediatric patients receiving doses greater than 3750 units. Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA. Mar. 2016.
- Lambert E, Chargualaf, M, Lebovic R, et al. Evaluation of the impact of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor on allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant outcomes. University Health Consortium Pharmacy Council Meeting, New Orleans, LA. Dec. 2015
- Lebovic R, Tran M, Kraft S, et al. Assessment of the 2010 FDA Carboplatin Dosing Cap Recommendation. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting, Orland, FL. Dec. 2013
Jessica (Michaud) Davis
- Initial/Current Employment: Clinical Pharmacist Coordinator, Adult Hematology/Oncology, Levine Cancer Institute - Atrium Health
- Relevant Publications:
- Davis JM, Ivanova A, Chung Y, Shaw JR, Rao KV, Ptachcinski JR, Sharf AA, Serody JS, Armistead PM, Wood WA, Coghill JM, Jamieson KJ, Vincent BG, Riches ML, Shea TC, Alexander MD. Evaluation of a test dose strategy for pharmacokinetically-guided busulfan dosing for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2019;25(2):391-7.
- Lutsky J, Holbrook K, Amin A, Davis JM, Davies M, Diab A, Glitza I, Amaria R, Patel S, Tawbi H. Intracranial anti-tumor activity in melanoma brain metastases with encorafenib plus binimetinib: a multicenter, retrospective analysis. Cancer [accepted for publication].
Amber (Proctor) Cipriani
- Initial/Current Employment: Clinical Oncology Specialist, Thoracic Oncology; Clinical Assistant Professor, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- Relevant Publications
- Chou Y, Farley JF, Stinchcombe TE, Proctor A, Lafata JE, Dusetzina SB, Delays in Orally-Administered Anticancer Treatment Initiation for Medicare Beneficiaries with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. (Submitted to JNCI April 2019).
- Mahendraratnam N, Farley JF, Basch E, Proctor A, Wheeler SB, Dusetzina SB. Characterizing and Assessing Antiemetic Underuse in Patients Initiating Highly Emetogenic Chemotherapy. Support Care Cancer. 2019 Mar 26. doi: 10.1007/s00520-019-04730-3. [Epub ahead of print].
- Collichio F, Burke L, Proctor A, Wallack D, Collichio A, Long PK, Ollila DW. Implementing a program of Talimogene laherparepvec. Ann Surg Oncol. 2018 Jul;25(7):1828-1835.
- Banks M, Crowell K, Proctor A, Jensen BC. Cardiovascular effects of the MEK inhibitor, trametinib: a case report, literature review, and consideration of mechanism. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2017 Oct;17(4):487-493.
- Alrabiah Z, Luter DN, Proctor A, Bates J. Unrealized opportunities: a call for evaluation of alternatives used during drug shortages. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2015 Nov 15;72:1932-1934.
- Proctor A, Thompson LA, O’Bryant CL. Vismodegib: an inhibitor of the hedgehog signaling pathway in the treatment of basal cell carcinoma. Ann Pharmacother. 2014 Jan;48(1):99-106.
- Book Chapters:
- Crona D, Proctor A. "Renal Cell Carcinoma." Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, 11e Eds. Joseph T. DiPiro, et al. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill. (Accepted for publication Feb 2019)
- Proctor AE, Jones A. Ovarian cancer. In: Schwinghammer TL et al, eds. Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach. 11th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2020. (Accepted for publication).
- Crona D, Proctor A. Chapter 92: Prostate Cancer In: Pharmacotherapy Principles and Practice, 5th edition. McGraw-Hill Education. 2018.
- Proctor AE, Zamboni WC. Ovarian cancer. In: Schwinghammer TL et al, eds. Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach. 10th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2017.
Katie (Kaminski) Gatwood
- Initial/Current Employment: Pediatric Clinical Pharmacist - Vanderbilt Health System
- Initial/Current Employment: Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner - UNC Medical Center Adult BMT and Cellular Therapy
- Relevant Publications:
- Davis JM, Ivanova A, Chung Y, Shaw JR, Rao KV, Ptachcinski JR, Sharf AA, Serody JS, Armistead PM, Wood WA, Coghill JM, Jamieson KJ, Vincent BG, Riches ML, Shea TC, Alexander MD. Evaluation of a Test Dose Strategy for Pharmacokinetically-Guided Busulfan Dosing for Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2019 Feb;25(2):391-397
- Kufel WD, Armistead PM, Daniels LM, Ptachcinski JR, Alexander MD, Shaw JR. Drug-Drug Interaction Between Isavuconazole and Tacrolimus: Is Empiric Dose Adjustment Necessary? J Pharm Pract. 2018
- Initial Employment: Duke Health - Clinical Pharmacist
- Current Employment: Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner - UNC Medical Center GI Malignancy