Network Development & Physician Relations
Our team of experienced health care professionals serves the needs of community providers and hospitals across North Carolina. We are your single point of contact when your patients need access to our facilities and services.
Our team of experienced Physician Liaisons is able to provide the following services:
- Help community providers learn more about UNC Health Care services across the state
- Assist with referrals, access and communication related to your patients
- Provide enrollment, training and technical assistance with UNC CareLink — our read-only version of Epic@UNC to access shared patient records and to manage online referrals. Learn more about UNC CareLink.
- Share information about our CME conferences at UNC Medical Center and continuing education opportunities within your practice and hospital
- Offer information about UNC Health Alliance (UNCHA), an integrated network of dedicated clinicians collaborating to optimize the health of North Carolina's residents, transform the care experience for patients and providers and manage the total cost of health care
- Develop clinical programs in local communities with a focus on collaborative care with community physicians and hospitals
Meet Our Team
Christy Houser, Project Manager
Christy Houser is responsible for assisting community health care providers and staff with UNC CareLink enrollment, training, updates and technical assistance.
Gina Heatherington, Physician Liaison
Gina Heatherington serves as the primary point of contact for pediatric practices in the Triangle. Gina leads physician outreach for pediatric surgery, neurosurgery, neuro-oncology and vascular surgery across North Carolina.
Brian Hutchinson, Physician Liaison
Brian Hutchinson serves as the primary point of contact for physician practices in Chapel Hill, Durham and Sanford. Brian manages physician outreach for cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, kidney transplant, heart transplant/LVAD implantation across North Carolina.
Matthew Lebold, Project Coordinator
Matthew Lebold is responsible for data analytics, event coordination and outreach.
Dylan LoBianco, Network Development Specialist
Dylan LoBianco serves as the primary point of contact for physician practices in Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Pittsboro, Moncure and Siler City. Dylan leads physician outreach and clinical program development for hematology/oncology, radiation oncology, otolaryngology, lung transplant, thoracic surgery and
orthopaedics across North Carolina.
Lisa Moore, System Director
Lisa Moore is responsible for leading the network development and physician relations team at UNC Medical Center, Hillsborough Hospital Campus, Chatham Hospital, UNC Rockingham and Caldwell UNC Health Care.
Cecilia Riek, Network Development Specialist
Cecilia Riek serves as the primary point of contact for physician practices in Hillsborough, Eden and Reidsville, along with Hillsborough and the Triad market. She leads physician outreach and clinical program development across North Carolina for the UNC Department of Surgery. The UNC Department of Surgery comprises abdominal transplant, burn, cardiothoracic, gastrointestinal, general and acute, pediatric, plastic and reconstructive, surgical oncology, and vascular surgery.
Melanie Vatter, Physician Liaison
Melanie Vatter serves as the primary point of contact for physician practices in Burlington, Mebane and Durham, and
for all OBGYN practices in the UNC Medical Center service area. Melanie is responsible for physician outreach for women's specialty, general and GI surgery, and plastic and reconstructive
surgery across North Carolina.