Blood Donor Eligibility Information
Are you interested in donating blood?
You are eligible to donate blood if you are:
- 16 years of age or older
- Weigh 110 pounds or more
- Are in good health (no sore throat, cough, fever, etc within 72 hours prior to your donation)
- Have a valid photo ID
Certain medications may prohibit your ability to donate blood. These include oral medications for psoriasis, severe acne, hair loss or enlargement of the prostate. Antibiotics, depending on their use, may or may not affect your eligibility to donate.
Do NOT take aspirin or medications that contain aspirin within 48 hours prior to your platelet donation.
Due to FDA regulations, living or visiting some parts of the world may affect your eligibility for platelet donation.
- If you have been outside of the United States in the past 12 months, you may or may not be eligible to donate.
- If you travel to a Malaria risk area, you may not be eligible to donate for 12 months.
- You cannot donate if you have lived or visited the United Kingdom for three or more months between 1980 and 1996
- You cannot donate if you have spent five or more years in Europe between 1980 and the present.
Contact the Blood Donation Center via email or phone at 984-974-8290 with any additional questions.