The Bodford Family Transverse Myelitis Center
The Bodford Family Transverse Myelitis Center (BFTMC) at UNC Hospitals Hillsborough Campus provides comprehensive, patient-centered care for pediatric and adult patients with transverse myelitis. It is one of the few centers in the country dedicated to this rare and complex condition.
Our team develops personalized treatment strategies through a shared decision-making model that actively engages patients, including pharmacological therapies and personalized comprehensive neuro-rehabilitation programs. Our team includes:
- Neurologists specializing in Transverse Myelitis
- A Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist
- A Specialized clinical pharmacist to assist in medication management
- A Licensed clinical social worker who provides psycho-social support to patients and their care-partners
- Skilled nursing personnel to support inpatient and outpatient care as well as providing individual care coordination