New Graduate Nurses
New Graduate Nurse positions will be posted throughout the year based upon unit openings. Postings will be titled to indicate start dates throughout the year (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter). Applications are currently being accepted for those graduating in Spring 2018 for anticipated Summer 2018 start dates. You are strongly encouraged to view our list of unit descriptions (excluding rehab and dialysis) to gain a better understanding of each nursing unit located at our UNC Medical Center (Chapel Hill), Hillsborough Campus (Hillsborough) and Wakebrook Campus (Raleigh).
New Graduate Nurse applicants are defined as:
- Nursing student in final semester of nursing program or;
- Nursing graduate within 12 months of graduation; and
- RN who has worked less than 6 months as a registered nurse.
- Applicants will submit an application directly to their strongest unit(s) of interest.
- Tips to assist with your search: Keyword- RN New Graduate Nurse; Facility- UNC Medical Center (includes Hillsborough and Wakebrook New Graduate Nurse positions); City- Chapel Hill, Hillsborough or Raleigh.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to attach a single resume and single cover letter outlining their top two choices of areas to work.
- Please include your nursing clinical rotations including the facility name, type of unit and number of hours.
- Applications will be screened and if selected, applicant will receive a call to discuss unit(s) of interest and possible interviews. A maximum of two interviews is possible.
For questions about specific clinical areas, please contact:
Nursing Employment Office
UNC Health Care
Hedrick Building, Suite 1097
211 Friday Center Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27517