Fertility & Reproductive Care
When you need help staying or getting pregnant, turn to the fertility specialists at UNC Medical Center. Receive personalized, compassionate care and access to the full scope of advanced treatment options.
Expect the best care because UNC Fertility is recognized as a Nursing Center for Excellence by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM). When you choose UNC Fertility, you’ll get a dedicated team to support you and answer any questions you may have.
When to See a Specialist
Meet with a board-certified reproductive endocrinologist if you:
- Had more than three miscarriages
- Are younger than 35 and have been trying to get pregnant for a year
- Are over 35 and have been trying to get pregnant for six months
Access a full range of fertility tests and treatments, including:
- Donor sperm – Uses sperm from a donor for insemination or in vitro fertilization
- Egg retrieval – Gets eggs directly from the ovaries
- Fertility preservation – Freezes eggs, semen, or embryos so you can have biological children in the future
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) – Places sperm directly into the uterus
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) – Combines an egg and sperm, then places them in the uterus
- In vitro fertilization with donor eggs – Combines eggs from a donor with semen, then places them in the uterus
- Gestational surrogacy – Uses IVF to combine an egg and sperm, then place them in the uterus of a woman who will carry the pregnancy
- Sperm retrieval – Gets sperm directly from the testicles
Counseling & Support Services
Get emotional support and share your story with a compassionate licensed family and marriage therapist who understands reproductive medicine and provides:
Cost for Fertility Treatments
Work with financial counselors to understand your treatment cost and insurance coverage.