When you need gynecologic surgery, benefit from the expertise of board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons at UNC Medical Center in North Carolina.
Expert Surgical Care
Rely on gynecologists with advanced training and experience in:
Your doctor may schedule a gynecologic procedure to check your reproductive health or to diagnose a condition. Diagnostic tests include:
- Cervical biopsy – Removes a small sample of tissue from your cervix to test for cancer or other conditions
- Colposcopy – Examines your vagina and cervix
- Hysteroscopy – Uses a thin tube with a camera on the end to examine your uterus
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
Your surgical team uses minimally invasive techniques whenever possible to reduce your:
- Recovery time
- Risk of infection
If you’re a candidate for minimally invasive surgery, your surgeon may use the da Vinci® Surgical System. Your surgeon can perform complex procedures with precision by using a robotic arm that can rotate further than a human hand.
Trust doctors with experience performing a wide range of gynecologic surgeries, including:
- Endometrial ablation – Removes the lining of your uterus
- Hysterectomy – Removes uterus
- Myomectomy – Removes uterine fibroids
- Pelvic prolapse repair – Restores pelvic organs to their original position
- Tubal ligation – Ties fallopian tubes to prevent pregnancy
What to Expect at Your First Visit
At your first visit, you’ll discuss your health history, concerns, and goals with your care team. You’ll also receive a physical exam to assess your health. After your diagnosis, discuss treatment options and work with your doctor to create a care plan.
Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment, and bring:
Rely on your care team to explain what to expect before, during, and after surgery.