Trust UNC Medical Center gynecologists to monitor your reproductive health at every age. You’ll receive personalized care from doctors with advanced training in women’s health.
Expert Gynecologic Care
Partner with fellowship-trained, board-certified gynecologists dedicated to providing you with high-quality care. You’ll benefit from a care team that’s continuously evolving and looking for new treatments and ways to improve your experience.
If you’re 21 or older, schedule a gynecologic exam every year to assess your health. Depending on your age and health history, your visit may include:
You also can receive routine gynecologic care from a certified nurse-midwife. Learn about midwifery
at UNC Medical Center.
Conditions We Treat
Rely on the women’s health experts at UNC Medical Center when you need care for:
Services & Treatments
Expect your gynecologist to work closely with you to create a care plan that meets your needs, values, and preferences. At UNC Medical Center, you’ll have access to a full range of services, including:
- Cancer screenings – Detect gynecologic cancer before you experience symptoms
- Contraceptives – Prevent pregnancy
- Hormone replacement therapy – Increases levels of female sex hormones to treat menopause symptoms
- Gynecologic surgery – Helps diagnose or treat conditions affecting your reproductive system
- Medication – Prevents, treats, or reduces symptoms
- Ultrasound – Uses high-frequency sound waves to create pictures of the inside of your body
Planning for Pregnancy
Most gynecologists also are obstetricians—doctors who provide care during pregnancy and childbirth. Learn about pregnancy and birth care at UNC Medical Center.
Work with a compassionate UNC Medical Center reproductive endocrinologist if you’re having trouble getting or staying pregnant.
What to Bring to Your Visit
Bring your insurance information and any health records to your appointment.