At UNC Health Care, our Internal Medicine Clinic is committed to meeting the health needs of adult patients across North Carolina. Our multidisciplinary team consists of faculty, residents, advanced practice providers, social workers, and more. Our physicians offer primary care services designed to keep you at your healthiest. In addition, they are trained to provide care for more complex patients with multiple conditions. We offer expanded access for our patients with same day appointments for acute issues, as well as HealthLink nurse coverage for medical issues that may arise outside of regular business hours. No matter your health care needs, the UNC Health Care Internal Medicine Clinic is equipped to meet them.
We offer a wide range of services including:
- Adult Primary Care: Focuses on disease prevention, promoting good health habits, diagnostic evaluations, disease management and acute care.
- Same Day Clinic: Established patients can usually be seen within two days for non-emergency acute care.
- Travel Clinic: For patients traveling abroad, our Travel Clinic will make sure you receive the immunizations necessary for safe and healthy travels.
We also offer several disease management programs for patients with chronic conditions. Those include:
- Anticoagulation/Warfarin Clinic: Making sure patients are protected from future blood clots.
- Diabetes Care Program: Patients meet with diabetes specialists and certified diabetes educators.
- Diabetes Eye Screening: Our retinal camera allows screening for diabetic eye disease without the need for pupil dilation.
- Diabetes Self-Management: Patients can participate in group sessions with diabetes specialists.
- Dieticians: Nutrition consultation and therapy for both patients with diabetes and patients who would like to lose weight.
- Counseling Program: Providing an option for in-clinic therapy for depression and anxiety using evidence-based methods.
- Hospital Follow-Up: Providing consultation on transitional care for patients recently discharged from the hospital.
We also have onsite radiology, pharmacy and laboratory services.