- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Fracture management that includes casting and splinting services, onsite x-ray service, bracing of joints to help you function better while you recover from your injuries, custom bracing
- Onsite Physical Therapy including prolotherapy
- Management of sports medicine injuries and illnesses that include concussion, heat illness, osteoarthritis, ligamentous and join injuries of the body
- Platelet-rich Plasma Treatment
- Sports Nutrition Consults that specialize in the prevention, assessment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries
- Liaison between local high school athletic trainers and UNC Family Medicine
UNC Family Medicine Sports Medicine is working hard to create and maintain a relationship with the community in the Triangle Area. We actively support student-athletes by offering pre-participation physicals, physician coverage of games and other local events, and complete medical treatment for primary care and sports medicine related health issues.
Our research focuses on areas such as nutrition, sickle cell trait, and EKG trace differences in different ethnicities. We have strong relationships with the following schools and organizations: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina Central University, Shaw University, Saint Augustine's College, East Chapel Hill High School, and North Carolina Special Olympics.