How Can A Registered Dietitian Help Me?
A Registered Dietitian (RD) is trained to manage complex medical issues and provide individualized nutrition goals. The RD will create a plan tailored to the individual that will allow them to meet their nutritional needs for optimal health and recovery.
Comprehensive Nutrition Services for Adults:
- Weight Management
- Nutrition to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Diabetes Education (Individual and Group)
- Gestational Diabetes (Diabetes During Pregnancy)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI)
- Nutrition for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Specialty nutrition for liver and kidney disease
- High Blood Pressure/Cholesterol
- Tube feeding initiation and adjustments
What Will Happen During a Nutrition Visit?
- Evaluation of dietary intake specific to your medical issues
- Evaluation of fluid, vitamin, mineral needs
- Age and disease specific education and strategy planning to make positive diet changes to meet individualized goals
- Menu planning
- Education on label reading
- Strategies for eating out
How Long Does a Visit Typically Last?
New Visits: 60 minutes
Follow Up Visits: 30-60 minutes
To schedule an appointment call: 984-974-0210
Referrals and Insurance:
UNC Nutrition Services is a UNC Hospital based clinic. A physician referral is required to receive outpatient medical nutrition therapy. This aids in getting insurance coverage for your appointment. Most insurance carriers provide at least partial coverage for consult fees, but some do not. Before scheduling a consultation, please check with your insurance company to confirm the extent of your coverage.