Oral Medicine Clinic
The UNC Hospitals Oral Medicine Clinic is a full service dental clinic with trained staff and residents who provide care to medically compromised patients, inpatients and hospital staff members.
Meeting a Critical Need:
Our Oral Medicine Clinic’s mission is to serve medically compromised patients. We see patients referred by other physicians and use our clinical expertise to provide excellent dental care despite their other health and medical issues.
We are experienced in providing dental care for patients with a number of conditions, including:
- Hematologic/Coagulation Disorders
- Head and Neck Cancer/Radiation Therapy Patients
- IV Bisphosphonate (We evaluate prior to and/or following treatment)
- Stem Cell or Organ Transplant
- Orthopedic Patients pre-total joint replacement
- Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities including Autism, Dementia and Down Syndrome
- Immunodeficiency, Autoimmune Disorders
- Respiratory Conditions including Cystic Fibrosis, airway compromise, ventilator or severe oxygen dependency for medically necessary dental care
Additionally, the UNC Hospitals Oral Medicine Clinic treats UNC Medical Center employees and their dependents.
If you are interested in referring a patient to the UNC Hospitals Oral Medicine Clinic, please complete this dental referral form, for tooth-related, dental treatment needs or the oral medicine referral form for non-tooth related oral needs. If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact us at 984-215-6810.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00a.m. - 1:00pm. Scheduled appointment times
The clinic is open 24 hours 365 days a year to cover emergencies from the ED with a resident on call
As you prepare for your appointment, it would be helpful for you to review this information.
New patients can prepare for their appointments by reviewing and completing these documents and forms: