Volunteering with UNC Hospice
If you desire to make a difference, touch a life, learn while helping others, or just to have fun, UNC Hospice is the perfect place to volunteer your time and talents.
How Can I Become a Volunteer?
Our mission is to assist the hospital in its goals to provide excellent support to the communities we serve and give a meaningful outlet for the human need to be of service to others. To best fit your interests, we offer a variety of volunteer opportunities.
- Submit the application (MS Word or PDF) and two letters of references, and complete Confidentiality, HIPPA, and Safety Training (web based)
- Once these three items are submitted, you will be contacted by the volunteer coordinator to continue the on-boarding process.
- Must be 18 years or older at the time of application submission
- All volunteers are required to commit to a minimum 12 hours a year.
- Volunteers are asked to follow a dress code which includes attire that is not revealing. ID badges must be worn at all times, above the waist.
- If you are grieving a loss, you may be deferred from direct patient assignments for a period of one year.