Refinancing your mortgage?
The Work Number is a fast and secure way to provide proof of your employment or income—a necessary step in many of today’s life events involving credit, financing or securing of benefits or services. The Work Number simplifies the verification process and accelerates credit decisions through an online system available to verifiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More than 200,000 credentialed verifiers rely on The Work Number for rapid access to information critical to their decision process, and over 2,900 employers nationwide have entrusted The Work Number to provide this important service on behalf of their employees.
Renting an apartment?
Buying a car?
Applying for Public Assistance?
Thousands of social service agencies nationwide use The Work Number regularly to perform verifications. If asked for proof of employment or income, simply inform your caseworker that the information is available on The Work Number, and direct them to www.theworknumber.com or 800.660.3399 for more information.
Here’s How it Works:
- UNC Health Care’s payroll department securely transmits employment and income data to The Work Number on a regular cycle, so the information remains current.
- When you apply for credit or other services where proof of employment or income is required, you provide consent to the credit grantor to verify that information when signing the application.
- The verifier—who has been carefully screened and credentialed before gaining access to the system—uses the UNC Health Care employer code: 15503 and your Social Security Number to look up your record on The Work Number database.
- The verifier must provide a valid reason or permissible purpose for requesting the information, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- With the above conditions met, the verifier can validate your employment or income in seconds, accelerating the decision process and helping you obtain the credit you deserve.
- Learn more about how The Work Number maintains your data privacy
- Understand how the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) helps protect you
- Obtain your Employee Data Report
The Work Number Client Service Center is available Monday – Friday; 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. (CT) at 800-367-2884.
For TTY–hearing impaired call 800-424-0253
For UNC Health Care Employees:
- Got to www.theworknumber.com/employees and enter code: 15503.
- Select from one of four options.
- If login is required, it will prompt you for your User ID (employee EID number).
- Enter PIN (employee 8 digit date of birth) for first time login.
Note: For first time login's a pop up screen will ask you several questions to select a photo and security questions. You will then create a new PIN that must be 4 or more numbers and cannot be the same as what you had before.