An employee has 30 days beginning with the effective date of the status change to make changes to their benefits. This status change will affect benefits as follows:
- Employees may elect to cover themselves, their spouse and any eligible dependent children by completing the form below. Coverage is available either on the first of the first month following the status change date, or the first of the second month following the status change date. Premiums are deducted on a pre-tax basis and are deducted one month prior to the effective date of coverage. If necessary, the system will catch up the employee’s premium by deducting the needed amount from their first available paycheck. Depending on the requested start date and the current payroll schedule, this may be as much as two months’ premiums paid from one paycheck so employees are encouraged to plan accordingly.
- Employees may elect group term life insurance through Metropolitan Life for themselves, their spouse and eligible dependent children. Deductions are taken on a post-tax basis, and the coverage is effective the first of the second month following the status change. To enroll, employees must go online at http://www.metlife.com/mybenefits. Employees enrolling within 30 days of their status change may elect up to two times salary coverage on a pre-approved basis.
- Under the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Plan, employees may elect to participate in the Health Care and/or Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Cancer Insurance and the ING Term Life Insurance. Deductions for these plans are taken on a pre-tax basis. The effective date for all flexible benefits is the first of the month following the employee’s status change date.
- To enroll, employees must visit the NCFlex enrollment Web site at eEnroll or call 1-855-859-0966. For coverage and premium information, please visit the NCFlex information Web site at www.NCFlex.org. Employees who do not enroll within 30 days of their status change will need to wait until the next NCFlex Annual Enrollment, at which time waiting periods may apply.
Note: Access to the Web site may be unavailable until the status change is processed, usually within 10 days after the change.
- Visit the Metlaw page to read about this plan and enroll. Employees who do not enroll within 30 days of their status change will need to wait until the next MetLaw Annual Enrollment.
- The employee can setup contributions to the 457(b) Plan.
All completed forms should be mailed to Employee Benefits at the address below. The employee may contact the Benefits office by phone at 984-974-1100 or by e-mail if they have questions regarding benefits as they relate to this status change.
1025 Think Place, Suite 400
Morrisville, NC 27560
Please remember, any changes to these benefits must be initiated within 30 days of the status change.