This status change will affect benefits as follows:
- Any contributions to Supplemental 457(b) Plans can continue.
- Health Insurance under the State Health Plan will cancel (1) on the last day of the month in which the status change occurs if the status change occurs prior to the 16th of the month or (2) on the last day of the following month if the status change occurs on or after the 16th of the month. Current participants may extend coverage under COBRA for up to 18 months. The State Health Plan will send an information and enrollment packet to the employee’s home address within 60 days of the insurance cancellation date. Employees may contact the State Health Plan at 1-888-234-2416 for more information about the COBRA continuation process.
- All NC Flex benefits will cancel on the last day of the month in which the status change occurs. In many cases, existing coverage can be extended under COBRA for up to 18 months. Each vendor is responsible for contacting the employee regarding continuation options within 60 days of the insurance cancellation date. Employees should contact the vendors directly for more information about the COBRA continuation process. For additional information please visit www.NCFlex.org.
- MetLaw benefit will be canceled on the last day of the month in which the status change occurs.
- The employee will no longer qualify for the Employee Leave program. Any current PTO, Holiday or Vacation Leave balance will be paid out in accordance with the Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave Policy or the Traditional Leave Policy.
- Should you become leave eligible in the future, it will be on the 1/1/2017 accrual schedule, not the old rates.
Employees who transfer to Per Diem status should wait until after they have fulfilled all their work agreements, or be aware of the consequence. If they transfer before the end of the work commitment, they will owe money back to the hospital. Examples of this could include Academic or Relocation Reimbursements.
- Since your change is after 1/1/2017, you will not be eligible for longevity in the future.
All completed forms should be mailed to Employee Benefits at the address below. The employee may contact the Benefits office by phone at 984-974-1100 or by e-mail if they have questions regarding benefits as they relate to this status change.
1025 Think Place, Suite 400
Morrisville, NC 27560
Please remember, any changes to these benefits must be initiated within 30 days of the status change.