- If you have enough leave to cover your absence then your benefit deductions will continue to come out of your paycheck.
- If you will not have enough leave to cover your absence then Employee Benefits will send you a notification of payments that are due and you have two choices
- You may continue the benefits by sending payments to the Payroll Office on or before the first of each month.
a. If you do not send in payments and you return before you miss three (3) bi-weekly payments then catch –up deductions will be taken from the first available paycheck on a post-tax basis.
b. If you miss three (3) bi-weekly payments and do not send in payments your benefits will be cancelled. You will need to re-enroll within 30 days of your return to work. Waiting periods may apply.
- You may cancel your coverages while on leave without pay. However if you have cancelled coverage then waiting periods may apply when you re-enroll.
a. To cancel your health insurance please visit https://go.unch.unc.edu/benefits.
b. To cancel NCFlex Benefits such as dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts please visit https://go.unch.unc.edu/benefits.
c. To cancel all other benefits please submit the Miscellaneous Cancellation Form.
Please NOTE the following:
- While on Leave of Absence without pay, you are not eligible to receive the Health Insurance Special Pay.
- When you return to work, please check your direct deposit statement carefully to make sure that the benefits for which you have re-enrolled are activated.
- If you have a parking deduction, please contact the Parking Office at 966-1031.