Leave of Absence / Without Pay
UNC Medical Center Employee Benefits Team is rolling out a new Toolkit for Employees and Managers.
In an effort to help employees who will be on leave of absence and may face a leave without pay, UNC Medical Center Employee Benefits Team has designed the following toolkit:
- Manager Flowchart- step-by-step directions on what a manager will need to do when their employee is going on leave of absence and may face a leave without pay, and who the manager should contact.
- Employee Checklist- a checklist for employees when they go on a leave of absence.
- Family Medical Bulletin- steps to apply for Family Medical Leave including the contact number for CareWorks, the Family Medical Leave third party vendor.
- Employee Assistance Program- additional information on support services offered to UNC Medical Center employees.
- Voluntary Shared Leave information-UNC Medical Center employees have an opportunity to assist co-workers who are experiencing a prolonged medical condition or have an immediate family member experiencing a prolonged medical condition.