Day Care Options
UNC Health Care and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill opened the University Child Care Center in August 1998 and contracted Victory Village Day Care Center
to manage the facility. The Center is a nationally accredited, five-star licensed non-profit center located at 130 Friday Center Drive, Chapel Hill.
Children enrolled at the University Child Care Center are children of staff, faculty and students of UNC Health Care and UNC-Chapel Hill. NOTE: UNC Health Care employees receive high priority for placement of their children.
The center can accommodate 155 children, ranging from infants to five year-olds. The center operates fifteen classrooms composed of:
- three infant rooms, each with a 1:3 teacher to child ratio (group size 6)
- three toddler rooms, each with 1:3 teacher to child ratios (group size 9)
- two rooms for two-year-olds, each with a 1:5 teacher to child ratio (group size 10)
- one room for two- to two-and-one-half year olds, each with a 1:5 teacher to child ratio (group size 10)
- two rooms for three-year-olds, each with a 1:9 teacher to child ratio (group size 17)
- two rooms for four-year-olds, each with a 1:9 teacher to child ratio (group size 18)
- two rooms for five-year-olds, each with a 1:9 teacher to child ratio (group size 18)
The Hospital and the University contract with Victory Village, Inc., an independent, non-profit organization, to operate the center. The Hospital and the University shared costs for the construction of the building. Tuition and fees cover operating costs, including staffing expenses.
Ages: 6 weeks to 5 years
Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Calendar: 12 months
Infants: $1340 / month
Toddlers: $1340 / month
Twos: $1185 / month
Twos and Two-and-one-halfs: $1050 / month
Threes and up: $995 / month
For more information, please contact the University Child Care Center at 919-929-2662.