Waiver of Student Fees at a State University

Eligible employees attending a state-supported university in North Carolina must obtain a Request for Waiver of Student Fees form from the cashier’s office of the school they plan to attend. This completed form must be returned to the university cashier prior to the first day of class to request that student fees be deleted from their bill. Some campuses may request a copy of this policy to waive fees.

It is up to each university to decide which will or will not participate in this program. Some universities like UNC-CH will also allow a spouse to waive tuition fees. 

Please note that waiver of fees results in forfeiture of student health services, athletic passes, intramural and gymnasium privileges, and access to some student union activities.

View the UNC-CH Fee Waiver Form -fax form to 984-974-1305 for HR verification.  The form will be verified by HR, then scanned and emailed back to employee's work email address.

All other participating university forms must be obtained from their website.

Note: The Request for Waiver of Student Fees is different from the UNC-CH Employee Application Fee Waiver form. UNC Health Care employees are NOT eligible to participate in the application fee waiver program.