Tuition Waiver at State Universities
A Tuition Waiver Program exists within the constituent institutions of The University of North Carolina system and UNC Health Care. Under the program tuition charges:
- May be waived for no more than three (3) courses per academic year and;
- All student fees will be waived for the term as specified in the policy.
- Employees must be permanent and working a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Tuition may be applied to courses that are appropriations-funded, such as regular undergraduate and graduate-level courses, online courses, and independent studies courses. Employees who qualify should use the Tuition Waiver at State Universities form.
Employees interested in attending any UNC System school should have the Human Resource Verification section of the form completed by UNC Health Care’s Human Resources. Human Resources will scan faxed forms and email them back to the employee work email address once the verification is completed.
Completed forms should be sent to the Cashier’s Office located on the UNC system campus where the class is held. Please contact the campus office or review the Web site for directions.
Forms must be submitted to the cashiers office before the class starts.
- Complete the Tuition Waiver at State Universities form before class starts.
- Fax form to 984-974-1305 (fax number listed on the form). The form will be verified by HR, then scanned and emailed back to employee's work email address.
- Take the form to the cashier's office at the school you are attending for processing.
Only use the form linked above to participate in the tuition waiver program. You will find forms (paper and electronic) at each university’s website. Those are intended ONLY for employees of that campus. Completing anything other than the form linked above will eventually be denied, and may cause you to miss your submission deadline.
- UNC Charlotte will not allow more than two waived classes in a single semester.
- The following UNC-CH programs will not accept Tuition Waiver Forms as payment for courses such as the Executive MBA program, MBA@UNC, MPA@UNC, study abroad courses, or noncredit courses offered through the Friday Center for Continuing Education.