UNC Health Care Crisis and Assessment Service at WakeBrook
Our staff is here to help you if you are in a crisis related to mental illness, developmental disability and/or substance use. Services are available to anyone 24 hours a day, regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, religion, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, county of residence or insurance/ability to pay.
What to Expect
- Clinical triage, health screening and safety check
- Assessments by licensed and credentialed staff including psychiatrists, psychologists, registered nurses, social workers and other licensed therapists
- Safe and secure location for individuals to stay in while awaiting placement at a higher level of care such as a recovery center or a psychiatric hospital
- Hospitalizations may either be voluntary or involuntary
- Assistance with accessing the Alliance Behavioral Heathcare 24-hour Access and Information Call Center