UNC Hospitals Application Checklist
As a member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF) UNC Hospitals will be participating in the National Administrative Fellowship Centralized Application Service (NAFCAS). NAFCAS is a simplified and streamlined application process for candidates interested in applying to administrative fellowships. Applications will open to applicants on July 19, 2016.
Applicants must submit the following items via the National Administrative Fellowship Centralized Application Service (NAFCAS) portal by Monday, October 3, 2016.
2. Official transcript from the first year of graduate school
3. A statement of goals and objectives addressing the following questions (1 page limit):
- Why did you choose health care management as your career?
- What makes UNC Hospitals the ideal place for you?
- What makes you an ideal candidate for the UNC Hospitals Administrative Fellowship Program?
4. Three recommendation letters- at least one academic and one professional.
- These letters should address the applicant’s administrative and/or management experience as well as academic qualifications. The letters can be addressed to the Fellowship Selection Committee.
Due to UNC Hospitals’ participation in NCAF, applications for the Administrative Fellowships at UNC Hospitals must be submitted by NCAF’s universal application deadline, Monday, October 3, 2016 to the National Administrative Fellowship Centralized Application Service (NAFCAS) portal.
In accordance with its participation in NCAF, UNC Hospitals agrees to support the following practices:
- A uniform initial offer date: Monday, November 14, 2016
- A 48-hour decision window for students
Phone interviews will take place in late October, on-site interviews early November, and work will commence on or around the first of July 2017.