The UNC Hospitals Spine Center offers a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and treatment of spine disease, with a commitment to evidence-based practice, outcomes enhancement, and financial stewardship. Because most patients with spine based pain do not require surgery for recovery, non-surgical treatment is emphasized. When required, the UNC Hospitals Spine Center provides timely and convenient access to spine surgery as well.
Our goal is to provide you the best treatment based on sound medical research. Our spine care providers’ specialized spine training and years of expertise provide the basis for our team. We work together in a comprehensive, multidisciplinary manner to provide you a coordinated, streamlined process for the diagnosis and treatment of your spine disease. We are committed to providing you with excellent care with a non-surgical focus but with access to spine surgery should that be warranted. We also understand the financial hardships many of us experience today and are dedicated to providing you with cost efficient care, since the best spine care is rarely the most expensive spine care.
- Fourteen multidiscipline physicians and three nurse practitioners from three specialties: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Orthopaedics and Neurosurgery
- A one-stop center for imaging, physical therapy and physician care
- A nonsurgical focus, but access to spine surgery if warranted
- Physical therapists who are trained spine specialists
- Convenient, easily accessible parking
- A beautiful, comfortable facility
- Financial services