The Purchasing Department understands the role they play in UNC Health Care's mission and the foundation upon which it is built – its people, its service, its quality, its financial well-being, its growth and its innovative approaches.
It is our hope that our suppliers, of whatever nature, are equally supportive and in partnership with that mission-to provide for the health of the citizens of North Carolina.
You will find valuable information to assist you in better understanding our policy and process related to procurement and in better understanding how we conduct business and what we value.
UNC Hospitals Purchasing Department
Our mission is to provide services adding value and improvement in support of the patient care mission of UNC Health Care System. The Purchasing Department strives to become an acknowledged leader among service providers, recognized for innovative, high quality, and cost effective approaches to meeting and exceeding our customer’s expectations.
The Purchasing Department takes pride in applying our Core Values:
- Seeking, establishing, and maintaining supplier relationships that foster the premise of best quality at the lowest total cost
- Improving processes to facilitate ease of procurement
- Understanding and responding to our customers’ business needs and challenges
- Remaining open, competitive, and fair in our business practices
- Retaining the integrity and confidentiality of the information we utilize in compliance with applicable law and accreditation requirements.
- Developing and fostering a dynamic, proactive, and committed relationship with all activities with which we are associated.
- Continuously supporting the six pillars that are the hallmark of our commitment to caring: people, service, quality, finance, growth and innovation.
These documents are offered as .pdf files.
This list of contact information provides names, titles, email addresses, phone numbers and areas of responsibility to help you contact the appropriate staff member for the area you need.
Purchasing Contact Information