Supplemental Retirement Plans
UNC Health Care offers its employees a variety of supplemental retirement options in the form of 401(k) and Deferred Compensation 457(b) Plans. The eligibility requirements vary from plan to plan. Please review the following Supplement Retirement Plan Decision Guide to learn the differences in plans and vendors (note: UNC Health Care does not offer the 403b program).
New Account Checklist
- Contact a UNC Health Care approved vendor from the list below or follow the Online Enrollment directions provided.
- For 401(k) or 457(b) plans, follow your representative’s instructions.
- Know your yearly contribution limits and monitor your account to avoid exceeding it.
How to Enroll in the UNC System 457(b) Plan
Step 1. Select your investments.
- Fidelity (click the UNC 457(b) Plan and then ENROLL NOW)
- TIAA-CREF (select your campus and then ENROLL NOW)
Step 2. Complete a Voluntary Deferral Agreement.
You must submit the completed form to your HR/Benefits office before any contributions can be accepted into your account.
List of Approved Vendors for UNC Health Care's Supplemental Retirement Plans